Resources for using the arts to improve student learning are just a click away. The following is designed to provide teachers, administrators, arts specialists and parents with information on current practices and trends in arts education.
- Connie Champagne – Master Class in Chorus
Singer, Connie Champagne, teaches a master class at Thomas Dale High School about performing songs and the importance of knowing the words well enough to act them out.
- Disney’s Newsies Chatback
Get an in-depth look into the dancers and actors of Disney’s Newsies. This Chatback was recorded live with RPAA’s Executive Director Janet Starke interviewing Ben Cook and Andrew Wilson.
- Rayvon Owen – CFA Student Interview
Recent graduates from the Henrico High School Center for the Arts, Elaina Riddell and Abby Bell, interview American Idol finalist, Rayvon Owen.
- Brian Owens – Master Class in Chorus Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Singer and songwriter, Brian Owens, teaches a master class at Franklin Military Academy. He speaks about his career path (Introduction), the importance of spirituals (Spirituals) and directs a sample of “Wade in the Water” with Franklin Military choir students. The master class is sectioned into those three different segments below for easy access to specific content.
- Joey of War Horse at Altria Theater
Meet Joey the War Horse puppet. Find out how this character is brought to life by the puppeteers and how they work together to operate the star of the show.
- Virginia Department of Education-Fine Arts Standards of Learning
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills – 21st Century Skills Map – THE ARTS
- National Core Arts Standards
- American Alliance for Theatre and Education
- A+ School Program of the North Carolina Arts Council
- Scholastic – Strategies for Arts Integration
- The Southeast Center for Arts Integration
- Brain Dance from the Creative Dance Center
- Wolf Trap Early Learning Through the Arts
- Wolf Trap Early STEM/Arts Program